Sunday, February 5, 2012

Welcome 2012

Here we are - the best looking kids in the school in the best class in the school.  I'd like to welcome three new faces - Logan, Declan and Aleks, and two old faces who I really didn't expect to see - Taylor and Jack.


Following is some thoughts of the first few days at school:






On Monday night I was a wee bit nervous because it was the first day back at school and I had a new teacher and new classmates, but on Tuesday morning I wasn't that nervous.  I was up bright and early, got dressed and went to school.  It was soooo cool.  We got to choose where we sat so I sat with Bethany, Amber, and Sarah.  It was nice.
Lynley

On Monday night I was super nervous.  I hadn't been to school for 6 weeks and I could hardly get to sleep.  Finally, Tuesday morning was the big day.  I brushed my teeth, combed my hair and put on my nicest clothes and shoes.  Mum drove Bella and I to school.  We ran to our class; we were nervous but really excited.  We hung up our bags and got ready for class.  All our friends started to come in and we were so happy to see them.
Katelyn

On Tuesday morning I felt very (100x) nervous because on that morning it was my first day being a Year 6 and being in a completely different class, which can be very scary.  I got into class and found out who was sitting by me, then Mrs Tobin, our lovely teacher, taught us some games.  One of the games was People Dominoes and you have to choose someone who has something the same, like if you were wearing a skirt you would pick someone else who was wearing a skirt.  Another game was Hunt the Human.  That was where you had to find someone who had a birthday in the same month as you, and so on.  At the moment we are doing banners about ourselves.  We are also doing the cross country where you have to beat your time each day, well try to anyway.  My feelings for Room 6 is that I'm enjoying it, I'm not nervous, and we do lots of cool things.   I love being in Room 6 and being a Year 6.
Natasha (Tash)

On Monday night I was very happy that I was going back to school to see all of my friends and then I had to go to bed until school started.  In the morning I was really happy that I was in Room 6 and Ethan is in Room 6 and he is my friend.
Jack

At school we got to choose where we wanted to sit.  At the end of the day did black, red, green, and yellow hat thinking about our classroom layout.  We decided it was too squishy, people couldn't move around, and some people had their backs to the board.   We had to write about the desks so we could make it better for the next day.
Cameron & Logan

I really am enjoying Room 6.  It is a start to a new adventure.  I will be very sad when I leave. (so will I, Taylor.  Let's hope you're with us for a while yet.  Mrs T)  We have got a wicked teacher, Mrs Tobin.  She is so fun to be around.  I think when everybody leaves this classroom they will be as clever as scientists.
Taylor

1 comment:

  1. What honest writing guys. I have loved reading your thoughts and comments on your first week. You have got a lot of personal voice in your writing. Room 6 has got some great leaders and it has been great to see many of you putting your hands up for leadership roles in our school. I agree Taylor - you will all be as clever as scientists by the end of the year and I am pleased we get to 'keep' you and Jack for a little longer! You have a week full on awesome learning coming up - aquarium visit, session with Ginny, scooter safety. I am after some reporters to write about this and take photos for the newsletter to share with our parents- let me know if you are keen.
    Have a great week,
    Mrs M.B.

    ReplyDelete